Monday, 20 June 2011

Entry One

This week I spent a lot of time looking through various song lyrics to see which ones have a ‘story’ to them, of which I can use to think of a good and simple concept i could use in my music video. I narrowed down my lyrics to Boys Don’t cry by the Cure, Two Princes by Spin doctors, There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out by The Smiths and Pictures of you by The Cure. I then looked into a wide variety of music videos, to help me in choosing a concept so I can narrow down my choice of song even further.
I liked the video for the song The Cure’s End Of The World, as it has a simple concept but also looked very interesting and different. I also liked Michael Jackson’s Dirty Diana video, as again it has a simple concept of which shows him typically performing on a stage with the audience darkened so you can’t see them, but a few times throughout the song the screen switches to the story of which the lyrics are based, then the two come together at the end.
This week I also wrote up the brief of why I chose to do a music video, and what I feel to be my strengths and weaknesses in making it. I then went on to writing up a research audit which shows all the equipments I need, and who and what I may use in the making of my music video.
Later in the week, I put the information of which i wrote up for my 'resource audit' on to a prezi so i have a better variety of ways to store informaion on my blog.
Lastly, I wrote up my research in which I stated Purpose of the product, Development of the medium, Technology involved, Generic elements of the product, Conventions of the product, Technical features, Issues surrounding representation, Theory and Contemporary issues surrounding your product.

No comments:

Post a Comment