I created each of my products at separate times to fulfil whatever purpose typical of what it was designed for if it were a genuine item in the music industry.
A music magazine is created to promote not only a particular band, but more specifically whatever CD or album they want to get out to the knowledge of the public. I believed the music magazine advert I created served its purpose as I clearly stated the band and the album title in a simple fashion making sure the text stood out clearly form the background so the important information was not lost to my audiences eyes. I also included a picture of the album as to make sure people would recognise it when they see it in shops as The Cure’s.
I also included the bands web-address and their twitter and facebook link, so as to further promote them in a wide variety of diverse ways. This way, most of my audience will have some form of virtual way to follow the band’s updates in relation to tours of album releases.
A digi pack’s purpose is to hold one or more CDs in a packaging that will entice people to buy it. I believe my digi pack did this, as I feel I have made the front, middle, back and the CD itself look attractive as well as including things to help entice my audience to buy it.
My front cover has a picture of a canon camera which is pointed at the audience; this suggests that it is taking pictures of them, which not only links to the title of the album but makes them feel linked to the album and almost immerse themselves with the concept of it and ergo entice them to buy.
I also further promoted the music video itself as I included stills from it on the back of my digi pack which will get my audience interested in watching the video in full and may entice them to go home and watch it.
The back of my digi pack states the songs of which are included on the album, people may then want to buy the album if they know and like some of the songs or even just like the sounds of them. The album is also entitled ‘Pictures Of You’ which is a very known and well liked song of theirs; this will help sales also.
Music videos are made to promote a song or band, or even just for artistic purposes. I feel that my music video did a good job of promoting the song as it linked the lyrics well with the imagery of the video itself, helping the audience find meaning within the song. Although the artist was not featured with in the video itself, I still feel that my video did well to promote the band as the way the narrative showed an obvious link to the lyrics as well as the music, made the band who wrote the song seem very endearing.
I also believe that my music video showed a very artistic flare as I included a wide range of diverse shots as well as including numerous different locations and beautiful lighting. I also included a split screen within my music video which made the shot with the budgie look very visually exciting.
I feel that all together all my products possess a house style which creates a recognisable brand identity.
My magazine adverts and front, middle and back of my digi pack all have a unifying theme of Polaroids, black backgrounds, white writing and some kind of naturous background or picture within it. This also links in with my music video as it has a running theme of ‘pictures which is a direct link to the lyrics of the song and establishes almost a band logo of the Polaroid picture.
The fonts throughout also create a running theme; whenever ‘The Cure’ is written it is presented in plain Arial writing, whereas ‘Pictures Of You’ I also seen in the font, Lucia Handwriting. This separates the band’s name which is always the same on every album and advert, from the separate brand of their new album, Pictures Of You, which all of my products are a part of.
No comments:
Post a Comment